Tuesday 12 June 2012

Millie's Top Beauty Secrets

In a recent interview with Grazia, Millie Mackintosh revealed her top beauty secrets. I thought it would be selfish of me not to share this with anyone who may not be a regular GraziaDaily reader:




What are your beauty secrets?
Millie Mackintosh: My top beauty secret is to always have a healthy golden glow at all times as it makes me look and feel more confident. Whether I'm heading for a night out on the town, or simply want to look at my best, a tan always helps my skin to look perfectly flawless. I also always wear SPF as I want to nurture and protect my skin whatever the weather. I also make sure I get enough sleep and drink plenty of water to keep my skin looking good. My other beauty secret is to have a shot of wheatgrass every day - I keep shots of them in the freezer and defrost them in warm water in the morning.


Is a healthy glow essential to your beauty regime?
Millie Mackintosh: Absolutely - a glow gives you an instant jet set look. I'm currently working with St.Tropez as the ambassador for its Spraycation tour which will brings rays of safe faux sunshine to cities around the UK this summer!
Any top tips for applying your tan?
Millie Mackintosh: Exfoliate with St Tropez Body Polish to get rid of any existing tan and create a smooth base. St. Tropez Body Butter is the best for nourishing very dry skin and it really helps your tan last longer. I always use an application mitt to make sure the product glides on evenly. My favourite product is St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Mousse as its light-weight and feels velvety when you apply to the skin with a mitt.
Have you had any beauty disasters?
Millie Mackintosh: I used a packet dye when I was younger which turned my hair bright orange! It really damaged my hair and it took a long time to grow out - definitely a lesson learned!
Are there people you allow to see you without make-up?
Millie Mackintosh: Oh yes, I go out a lot in public without make up! I like to glam up for events, but often just having a tanned glow on my face means I need less make-up anyway.
Which modern-day beauties do you admire?
Millie Mackintosh: I think Rosie Huntingdon Whitely always looks good, as does Olivia Palermo - she's very stylish and fresh-faced with great skin.
You always look glam on the red carpet - how do you do it?
Millie Mackintosh: Ah that's very kind! I always make sure I try my outfits on many times and experiment with my hair and makeup until I feel comfortable. Obviously a tan always makes me feel red carpet ready. For the TV BAFTAs I wore a wonderful off-white Lanvin dress and my St.Tropez glow really completed the look. I try to have fun and enjoy the red carpet, you can't look relaxed and happy if you take it too seriously.
How do you stay in such amazing shape?
Millie Mackintosh: I go to a Pilates boot camp which is quite strenuous. Ideally I like to go three times a week, although it's not always possible with my busy schedule!

2 comments: