Wednesday 11 July 2012

Designer DIY


Home improvement stores have admitted that they believe a rise in sales in red paint recently are due to women taking on a DIY approach to the famous Christian Louboutin heels. 
"There was no way I could afford to buy a pair of Louboutin heels, but I had my heart set on them and felt the pressure to be fashionable at the occasion," shopper Claire Stevenson told theTelegraph. "I bought a £20 pair of plain black shoes and a tester pot and recreated the designer look at home. I carefully painted the soles, let them dry overnight, and by the next day they were ready to wear. I received so many compliments at the wedding about my gorgeous shoes but I didn't have the heart to confess they were DIY fakes. It was such a success I plan on doing the same for another pair of heels."
Duracoat’s Flame and Show Stopper paints, which are near-identical to the hue used by Louboutin, have increased in sales by 40 per cent compared to this time last year and Homebase believe it is down to women faking the red soled shoes.
"Many people tend to look at magazines to get the right paint colour for walls and furniture, but we've noticed significant numbers of girl’s colour-matching tester pots to pictures of designer shoes in fashion magazines," said Homebase Acton manager Peter Rooney. "They have also asked staff for tips on how to paint on leather or rubber."

Earlier this year, Zara came under fire by Louboutin for copying his signature red soles, but what could he possibly do to stop a whole city doing the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment