Wednesday 18 January 2017

Eating Out, London: Dip & Flip

*I must warn you that this post may be slightly biased as I am a massive gravy lover, literally anything and everything dunked in gravy is a winner in my eyes.

Dip & Flip have locations in Battersea (pictured), Wimbledon, Tooting and Brixton so if you’re in any of those areas, you must go. The concept is everything dipped and if you do it right, you’ll leave with at least one gravy stain and sticky fingers. 

Wanting to immerse myself in the full Dip & Flip experience, I ordered the Dip & Flip burger with a side of cheesy fries (I shared the fries in a bid to not leave weighing 2 stone more than when I arrived). The burger consists of a beef patty, cheese, pickles, layers of roast beef or lamb (your choice) and a sauce of your choice, but the piece de resistance – it’s smothered in gravy. I was half expecting a soggy bun but it turns out it’s just the filling that’s immersed in gravy, but nonetheless, the kitchen roll on the table comes in handy! For added mess, they bring out an extra dish of gravy for dunking and smother the cheesy chips in gravy too.


I know it may sound like a bit of a gravy overload (if there’s such a thing) but it was hands down the best burger experience. The prices are reasonable and the restaurant has a quirky feel to it which all adds to the experience. We even managed a celeb spot while in the Battersea branch but we won’t dwell on that as the burgers are the real celeb here.

If/when I go back, I will probably go for the beef Dip that is all of the above, without the beef patty and it comes in a crusty roll rather than a burger bun as the whole thing was a bit too filling for one sitting.

Absolutely 10/10 from me – get down there and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment