Thursday 19 January 2017

Eating Out, London: Lockhouse

Based in Paddington, Lockhouse is the new go-to bar/restaurant for all surrounding offices (it certainly is for us anyway!) that opened at the end of last year. With a glass front and a mainly-metal interior, it certainly looks the part and I was definitely keen to see if it lived up to its look. 



I ordered the Classic Reuben sandwich with fries and a cappuccino (it was lunchtime and wine didn’t seem appropriate), which on a normal day would have only cost me around £8. Although I think that’s a pretty good deal, they were offering 50% off all food on the day I visited so it only set me back a measly £5 - absolute bargain!



The sandwich was delicious. Layers of cheese, pastrami, gherkins and mustard inside toasted wholemeal bread – what’s not to like? It came served with a handful of chips that had the perfect amount of crunch to them and came pre-salted which was perfect for me as I only eat chips covered in salt, but you may wish to request them plain depending on your preference.



My friends ordered a mix of sandwiches and salads, all of which seemed to get the thumbs up. The salads are served in jam jars which definitely earned them extra bonus points for presentation, but all round it was recommendable and extremely cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment