Wednesday 11 January 2017

Eating Out, London: Dalloway Terrace

If you’re looking for a venue for a birthday dinner or somewhere to celebrate something special, Dalloway Terrace is definitely a photogenic, upmarket option.

I walked into Dalloway Terrace with no expectations as I had never heard, seen or visited it before. Walking up some dainty little steps to a beautifully lit terrace where we were sat beneath intertwined trees, Aladdin-style lanterns and cute fairy lights, it was definitely impressive. 



The atmosphere was quaint, quiet and a little bit ‘don’t be too loud or drink too much’ especially as we went as a group of 7 and everyone else seemed to be in couples. I had a similar experience at the Ham Yard Hotel in Piccadilly where you can sometimes feel like the place is a bit too posh for you, a potentially rowdy group, to dine there. So that’s just an FYI.

We ordered a few bottles of wine for the table which were placed in ice buckets at the end of the table and we weren’t disturbed too much by the staff which is always a plus. For food, I ordered the fish and chips which was £16 so I had high hopes. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. 

After finishing our meal, I was greeted by a small furry friend running around my feet – who’d have thought such a lovely restaurant would have mice scurrying around? This put me on edge and made me consciously keep my feet lifted off the ground. 

Overall, I’m glad I tried it but I definitely wouldn’t be in a rush to go back. I had a lovely evening with some of my closest friends, aided with some wine and Limon cello, but the location didn’t really play a part in the experience – other than a few cute photos of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment