Saturday 25 October 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: Maybelline

Possibly my favourite affordable brand, and by affordable I mean products that are actually affordable, Maybelline offer a number of great gifting ideas. 


Nail varnishes make for great stocking fillers and Colour Show offer some lovely colours at reasonable prices (just £2.99 a bottle). I've yet to find a nail varnish that is durable against my lifestyle but this one is a true contender. Pop a couple of these in your loved ones stocking and there will be no disappointments, just make sure you pick her favourite colours and not ones she has 10,000 of already. 

Another great stocking filler is the Baby Lips lip balms. There's a number of colours as well as their new 'electro' range so there really is something for everyone. I've read a couple of reviews that say these dry your lips but I didn't find that. Although I didn't find them overly moisturising, I was buying them more for the colour. They are better than lipsticks when it comes to hydration and still give you a nice colour that isn't over-powering - plus the packaging makes them a cute addition to anyone's makeup bag. 
Available at Boots for £2.99 each. 

As previously mentioned in my last post, the Baby Skin primer is my favourite, bargain primer. It's heavily silicone-based and leaves your skin feeling extremely smooth. It helps my foundation blend, especially in areas that can become dry and make foundation appear clogged up, for example around the eyes and in the corners of your nose. I will sometimes apply it over these areas on top of my foundation for maximum blending. 

I promise I don't work for Boots, but this product is only £7.99 and is regularly on offer. If you're lucky enough to find a 3 for 2 offer, why not pick up this and a couple of nail varnishes and kick off that Christmas shopping? 

No comments:

Post a Comment