Friday 24 October 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: Rimmel

If you are reading this in hope of finding some stocking fillers, or main gift ideas for the more expensive brands, then my personal opinion would be to steer clear of Rimmel. Although it may seem a cheap way to bulk out the stocking, the products feel just that; cheap. 



So not to spread complete negativity, I'll start with the Stay Blushed! cream as it is my favourite of all Rimmel products. A pea-size amount spread over both cheek bones will boost your rosiness and help define your features. 

In two colours, Pop of Pink (pictured) and Sunkissed Cherry, you can choose between brighter or more blushed cheeks. 

When applying, I tend to put it on in-between my foundation and powder as it is a cream so will wear away at pressed foundations and powders. If it's just a little boost of colour I'm after, I'll put it on in-between primer and foundation. So it's worth a practise-run to find your preference. 

This is a lovely product and would come in use to any lovely lady with an interest in makeup. Available in Boots for £4.49. 

The Fix and Perfect Primer and Hide the Blemish concealer aren't really worth a try in my opinion. The primer is useless and makes no difference to my skin/foundation/general makeup application. If you're looking for a primer that won't break the bank, I'd head towards the Maybelline counter and give Baby Lips a go. Review to come shortly. 

The concealer reminds me of the one I had when I was going through that greasy-skinned teenage phase, used purely to cover spots, with no other makeup on my face. It's thick and the lipstick style, solid applicator will actually hurt if you brush it over a sore spot. It doesn't last and, because of how heavy it is, it doesn't blend all that well either. 

I've been using my Touché Éclat as a concealer for the time being but it's a costly habit I'm going to have to try and avoid. 

I rarely like to bad-mouth brands as they all have their good and bad qualities but from personal experience, I'd rather an honest review than someone who is simply trying to sell the product. Over the years I've tried a number of Rimmel mascaras and foundations but have yet to find any that are worthy of a good review. So watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment