Friday 9 September 2016

Eating Out, London: Patty & Bun

If you live in London, you have probably heard the name Patty & Bun before. I certainly had, along with a bunch of great reviews. As the name suggests, it’s predominantly a burger restaurant but who doesn’t love a burger?

I visited the Shoreditch branch, where we were led down some very steep stairs to a tiny seating area – luckily it was quiet and we were the only ones sat down there. I can imagine it’s a bit of a nightmare if you come on a busy day!



I ordered the Smokey Robinson (pictured) as anything with caramelised onions is a winner in my eyes. The waitress came down and there was not a plate in sight. Our buns were wrapped in paper and the chips came in a separate pot. I must add, the chips come with a salt and vinegar mayo which is incredible – I would go there just for that.

The burger was possibly the messiest I’ve ever eaten, and I’ve been to Five Guys – you’d think I’d have mastered a messy burger by now. But don’t let this put you off – the burger was so tasty and the sauce/salad really complimented it. I cannot recommend the Patty & Bun burgers enough. The restaurants are really quirky too (if you manage to get a table). They do offer takeout for anyone passing by/not lucky enough to get a seat inside.
An added bonus – they serve Ting. For those who don’t know, Ting is a fizzy grapefruit drink and it is amazing. If you’re on the soft drinks, definitely order a can, you won’t regret it.


There are multiple branches around London so check out http://pattyandbun.co.uk/contact/ to find your nearest one – it’s definitely one to tick off.

No comments:

Post a Comment