Friday 31 March 2017

Eating Out, London: The Roxie

If, like me, you LOVE Flat Iron but hate not being able to book, resulting in at least an hour hovering in the area killing time until your table is ready, then you need to read on. Having moved to Wandsworth about 16 months ago, I’m appalled that it took me so long to wander up the road and into The Roxie. 

Recommended by a friend, The Roxie is predominantly a steak house, matching almost everything on Flat Iron’s menu and more. Fillet steak is my absolute favourite so when I saw a large 240g portion on the menu at £16, I couldn’t resist. Cooked medium-rare (pictured), it was extremely soft and tender but a little too pink for me. That didn’t stop me eating the whole thing but it definitely affected my decision the next time I went.



Also pictured, we ordered creamy mash, creamy spinach (anything creamy is a winner in my eyes!) and some triple cooked chips to share. Each side was delicious, perfectly cooked and completed the whole experience. Anyone looking to not overload on carbs, there are healthier sides available such as green beans, sautéed mushrooms and side salads.


The second time we visited, we decided to go for the steak sharer. £37 for 500g of sliced fillet served with a side and sauce each. It’s advertised as béarnaise sauce and fries, but they kindly let us swap for peppercorn and creamy mash. Again, the steak was perfectly tender, this time cooked medium, and certainly saved us a few pounds.

I cannot recommend this place enough. I visited the Putney branch which is about a 2-minute walk from East Putney station, but they also have restaurants in Clapham, Fulham and Earlsfield.




No comments:

Post a Comment