Thursday 30 March 2017

Eating Out, London: Yolkin

Summer in London really is something spectacular. Londoners are usually renowned for being miserable – who wouldn’t be when you have to come face-to-face with sweaty commuters every morning and evening – but something happens when the sun comes out. Suddenly, everyone is wearing a smile, as well as notably less clothing, and talking to strangers becomes acceptable.
 
At this point, we have experienced about 2 full days of sunshine and luckily for me, I was out and about in Covent Garden for one of them. As you walk down from Covent Garden station towards the Lyceum Theatre, tucked away is a little store called Siam Eatery that’s easily miss-able (unless you’ve previously researched it like I had) but trust me, you do not want to just walk past.
 
It’s a tiny little shop with no more than 10 seats inside, serving Yolkin macaron ice-creams. I think there are 4-5 flavours available and they are incredible. Unfortunately for us, we got there quite late and they only had one flavour left, so Rocky Road it was!


 Although it may not have been my choice if all other flavours were available, oh my, it was fantastic. Chocolate ice-cream with nuts and marshmallow throughout inside a chocolate/caramel, I’m not too sure which, macaron. Being all brown, it didn’t make the best Instagram pic but I absolutely couldn’t fault it. It was £4.90 for one, which isn’t the cheapest, but it’s definitely worth a try if you’re in the area.
 
We walked around in the sunshine with our ice-creams and I think it was up there with one of the happiest 10 minutes of my life. Please don’t just walk past!

No comments:

Post a Comment