Tuesday 21 March 2017

Eating Out, Somerset: The White Post

The roast to end all other roasts. I usually review food places in London as that's where I live and I know a lot of people coming into the big city can get a bit overwhelmed by the vast variety of cafes and restaurants. However, today's review is dedicated to The White Post in Somerset - I'm simply couldn't ignore it!


I went for Sunday lunch after it being recommended to me, so naturally I ordered the classic roast. As you can see, a mountain of meat arrived at our table shortly after ordering and I could have sworn I had died and gone to heaven. 

As all three of us had ordered the same, it came served together on one massive wooden serving board, with a selection of meats, vegetables and sauces. We had thick cuts of lamb, beef and pork, lashings of apple sauce, horseradish and mint sauce and giant Yorkshire puddings that I filled with gravy as soon as it was placed infront of me. 

If that wasn't enough (I definitely had to unbutton my jeans), I couldn't resist ordering a chocolate brownie with red cherry compote and salted caramel ice cream because, well, why not? It was delicious, I probably could have eaten two. When my mum asked me if she could try a piece, I was secretly annoyed that I had to hand it over. 

The service was good, we were pretty much left to our own devices which I like. It wasn't too pricey for what it was, I think we paid around £15 per main, around £5 per dessert which is pretty standard, and the decor is quaint and welcoming. Overall, The White Post gets 15/10 from me and I will definitely be going back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment